Prince Khaled said in an interview on Thursday that about 225,000 employees are working this year to serve more than 2 million pilgrims who are expected to attend Haj, an unprecedented amount of staff in the history of the annual Muslim gathering.
The prince said that there was 8 hospitals and 96 medical centers in the holy land including Mina, Muzdalifa and Arafat, ready to deal with all sorts of health conditions that may arise during Haj. Security forces have taken measures to prevent people without Haj permit from entering Makkah, about 15000 people without proper liscences were denied entry to the holy cities and 63 fake Haj campaigns were broken up in the city of Dammam.
“We appretiate the efforts of various security and service sectors… and we affirm that anyone who breaks Haj regulations will be deterred,” he said.
Prince Khaled launched a series of Haj activities last week including a exhibition, workshop,meetings and lectures with the theme, “Haj: a workshop and a civilized behavior.”
“The government and the people of Saudi Arabia see serving pilgrims as a great honor as well as a big trust put on them, and hence it was included as a top priority in the Kingdom’s development and strategic plans,” he said.