October 24, 2014 -- Updated 4:10 pm GMT

Monaco’s Royal Couple Suing French Magazine

Posted in: Monaco

Monegasque royal newlyweds are suing the French magazine L’Express for publishing stories “incorrect facts about their private life” in the days leading up to their wedding earlier this month.

Albert Charlene 210x300 Monacos Royal Couple Suing French Magazine

Click here for more pics

The magazine published stories on its website, saying Charlene Wittstock – now Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene – tried to flee Monaco a few days before her lavish nuptials. She supposedly learned that Prince Albert II might have fathered another child out of wedlock.

According to L’Express,  Charlene’s passport was confiscated by officials when she tried to board a one way flight to her home of South Africa.

Although the reports were rejected by the Prince and many high ranking officials in Monaco, they were picked up by numerous news outlets.

Even on the day of her civil wedding, Charlene denied the rumors, claiming that it was nothing  but “vicious gossip and empty rumours”.

“It’s all lies,” she said to Vogue magazine.

Her father, Michael Wittstock, has denied the stories. “I am so disappointed that people believe in this nonsense,” he said.

The reason for the lawsuit is because, as the couple claimed, the  magazine “gave credibility to these unfounded rumors by publishing them. “

On the day of their religious ceremony, however, the Palace admitted that Prince Albert was to undergo a paternity test. Whether that test actually took place is not yet known.

Source: Sky News, Independent (South Africa), Royal News Examiner

Crown Princess Mette Marit’s Personal Grief During National Mourning

Posted in: Norway

On Monday, tens of thousands of Norwegians marched for unity and held a rose vigil in response to the dual terror attacks on Friday. In Oslo alone, 150,000 people took to the streets along with government officials and members of Norway’s royal family.

Mette Marit Martha Louise1 300x196 Crown Princess Mette Marits Personal Grief During National Mourning

For more photos, click here

Crown Prince Haakon was part of the Oslo march and he spoke ”of a street being filled with love,” 

He added: ”We have the power to meet hate with togetherness. We have chosen what we stand for.”

Earlier in the day, King Harald V and Queen Sonja joined Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg for a moment of silence at Oslo University.

The Norwegian royals have been very active in supporting and grieving with the nation, but it has not been very easy for one member.

Haakon’s wife, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, has a connection to the shootings on Utøya island. Her step-brother, Trond Berntsen, was among the dozens killed by Anders Behring Breivik. Berntsen, age 51, was an off duty policeman who was working as a security guard for the Labor Party summer camp on Utøya. It is believed he was the second person Breivik shot.

Source: AP, Telegraph